Just like the human epidemic, almost 50% of the pet population is overweight. Even a little extra weight can impact the pets quality of life and relationship with family because that extra weight can reduce play time, impact mobility and affect the lifelong general health of your cat.
Hill's nutritionists & veterinarians developed Prescription Diet™ Metabolic clinical nutrition specially formulated to support your cat's weight management. In fact, 88% of pets lost weight at home in 2 months when fed the nutrition of Metabolic.
How it works:
- A synergistic blend of ingredients
- Unique fiber blend from fruits and vegetables
- Powerful antioxidants
How it helps:
- Naturally works with your pet's unique metabolism
- Helps avoid weight regain after weight loss
- Helps your pet feel full & satisfied between meals
- Supports vitality & holistic health
- S+OXSHIELDTM: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ Metabolic Feline provides all the nutrition your cat needs during weight loss and maintenance. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet™ foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
INGREDIENTS: Chicken By-Product Meal, Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Powdered Cellulose, Dried Tomato Pomace, Flaxseed, Dried Beet Pulp, Chicken Liver Flavor, Coconut Oil, Pork Fat, Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Sulfate, L-Lysine, Choline Chloride, Carrots, DL-Methionine, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C) , Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Taurine, L-Carnitine, minerals (Manganese Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene
|Ideal Weight of Cat||Weight loss||Weight Control|
|6 lb (2,7 kg)||3/8 cup (35 g)||5/8 cup (55 g)|
|8 lb (3,6 kg)||1/2 cup (45 g)||3/4 cup (65 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||5/8 cup (55 g)||7/8 cup (75 g)|
|12 lb (5,4 kg)||2/3 cup (60 g)||1 cup (90 g)|
|14 lb (6,4 kg)||3/4 cup (65 g)||1 1/8 cups (100 g)|
|16 lb (7,3 kg)||7/8 cup (75 g)||1 1/4 cups (110 g)|
|18 lb (8,2 kg)||7/8 cup (75 g)||1 3/8 cups (120 g)|
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food, canned food and treats.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets and children.
3381 kcal/kg (297 kcal/cup†)
|Carbohydrate / NFE||31.7|
|Vitamin C||144 ppm|
|Vitamin E||988 IU/kg|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ Metabolic Feline contains 3.1 oz. by weight.